Demonstrate to their customers (distributors, traders, importers) the adoption of good practices in agriculture and livestock breeding
- Build up the consumers trust
- Ensure access to all markets
- Enhancing operational efficiency and competitiveness
- Implement processes that ensure continuous improvement
- Reduce the number of audits which are performed by big distribution as the GlobalGAP Certification is recognized as a guarantee.
- The project was sponsored by the company SOP, which is proposed as a frontrunner in the formulation of the supply chain and is the main contact for participating organizations. Adherence by the participating company to GLOBALGAP scheme is formalized through the Agreement protocol, to work under the foreseen requirements of the GLOBALGAP scheme.
The company SOP, in the pursuit of a traceability system during the development of a food chain, took into consideration the following objectives:
a) Support of food safety and/or quality objectives (See HACCP manual and Improvement Plan);
b) Definition of the history or origin of the product (Traceability system);
c) Facilitate the withdrawal and/or product recall (Withdrawal and/or Recall Procedure);
d) Identify the responsible organizations in the chain (RTRC);
e) Simplify the verification of specific information about the product (data archiving, document management);
f) Communicate information to all interested parts and consumers (Forms and Media);
g) Execute any enforceable local, national and international regulation;
h) Improve the efficiency, productivity and profitability of the organization.
The traceability system chosen by the company SOP is the result of balancing the different needs of technical and economic feasibility.
The traceability system is tested at least once a year through traceability test and material balance, adequately documented. In the planning of the traceability system the following points are included:
b) regulation and obligation policy
c) products and/or ingredients;
d) position in the food chain:
e) material flow;
f) information requirements;
i) coordination in the chain
Produce safe and legal products of specified quality and declare responsibility towards the customers are the main objectives that the company SOP intends to pursue through a continuous improvement and reviewing the system at predetermined intervals.
The Company also believes that the customer satisfaction is one of the main ways in which to ensure the development of the Company and therefore meet the expectations of its leading interest holders.
Therefore, the company SOP has decided to provide its organization with a Standard for food safety and good agricultural practices - voluntary product certification Global-gap, together with the norm UNI EN ISO 22005:2008 and in addition it has worked out a development strategy with which it proposes to:
- in the best possible way satisfy their customers and consumers with both product and service (Focus on customers);
- in its productions and activities guarantee quality standards appropriate to the needs of its customers, keeping what has been promised;
- creating value with employees and collaborators (Ethics and Responsibility towards the staff);
- harmonize its development with respect for the environment (Environmental Responsibility);
- contribute to the social and economic growth of the territory in which it operates;
- consider the requirements for the products (product safety, quality, legal requirements, processes and specifications) with particular attention to performed treatments.